Thursday, April 5, 2018

Green Lantern and Beta Ray Bill


I had figured that the third Thor film would be the last one for a while, but with the positive reaction from critics and audiences, as well as the new status quo, I'm thinking another installment is looking more likely.  Beta Ray Bill was teased in Thor: Ragnarok as one of the champion statues on the Grandmasters arena, and now I am ready for a full fledged co-starring role for him.  The work with Hulk and Korg shows that the motion capture technology is definitely there to bring him to life, all it would take is finding an actor with the right voice to portray him.

14 comments:

KKWRBruce said...

Clancy Brown would be a good choice for Bill...

Ross said...

Except they just used his voice for Surtur.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Sinestro is hoping to do, with his power ring, what the Mandarin's rings did to former Yellow Claw minion, Lo Duc (i.e., a body swap).

Anonymous said...

If he doesn't mind the ugly Beta Ray Thor look.

Anonymous said...

@my namesake: LOL! Good point.

Glenn said...

Unless they fix the killing of the Warriors Three with Ragnarok I think it will lose some of the appeal to me.

Bob Greenwade said...

For an action-capable actor with the ability to give an appropriate voice for Beta Ray Bill, I'd suggest Mark Hamill or Kevin Michael Richardson.

Glenn said...

Mark Hamill AND Kevin Michael Richardson would be cool. Hamill does the voice before he changes and Richardson afterwards!

Anonymous said...

@Bob Greenwade: I'd prefer Keith David. That's guy voice was so fitting for the often-genteel/occasionally volatile Goliath of DISNEY'S GARGOYLES!

Carycomic said...

Man! I take a few days off...and I come home to find you've flooded this page with instant classics. Way to go, Ross!!

Ross said...

Thank you, Cary!

Carycomic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carycomic said...

Btw: I agree with the most recent Anonymous. Keith David's voice would be _perfect_ for a CGI Beta Ray Bill. Both before AND after being Asgardianized!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: I second that emotion.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!